Job Opportunities at UNICEF Kenya
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Advocacy and Partnerships Specialist, P3, Nairobi, Kenya (364 day Temporary Appt)
- Drive advocacy planning through building a cross-sectoral UNICEF Kenya Communication Calendar, and managing advocacy priorities and cadence
- Lead advocacy amplification strategy for content and integrated campaigns — across timeline and deliverables, cross-channel scheme, content crafting, audience experience, multi-media coverage, experiential elements, launch and implementation, and reporting and post-mortem analysis
- Develop a series of branded schemes and activations (breakfasts, trainings, panel discussions, and other initiatives) focused on strong UNICEF issues and messages
- Engage influential advocates of UNICEF and its messages, who are committed to creating a future for all children of Kenya and can drive increased exposure, recognition and credibility as forward thinkers (examples include celebrities in entertainment, influential voices, prominent media personalities, young leaders, entrepreneurs, and other advocates)
- With the Section Chief, explore and secure various partners and shared value alliances
- Advise on how to strengthen media (social, traditional international and national) engagement strategy and implementation
- Collaborate on event planning and field visit hosting for Celebrity Goodwill Ambassadors, UNICEF National Committees, donors, media, or other relevant partners
- Manage key grants, budgets, campaigns, and initiatives as they become relevant
- Enhance communication with donors, including ongoing updates and project summaries, in alignment with visibility requirements to deliver on expectations
- Create, write and design communications materials for messaging both within the UN and externally — including outreach and awareness pieces, press releases, funding proposals, social media content, publications, and summaries of technical reports
- Work with a variety of parties involved in the assignment and will need to develop positive working relationships with partners, stakeholders, and UNICEF staff
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in communication, print, broadcast media and/or interactive digital media
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply