Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarships 2018
Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarships 2016: Equity bank scholarship foundation provides over 2000 secondary school scholarships for Kenyan students each year. Download high school scholarship application forms!
Each year, the Equity Bank Group Scholarship Foundation Wings to Fly program offers over 2000 comprehensive secondary school scholarships in Kenya.
The Wings to Fly scholarships are given to top performing pupils ranked in the top 5 percentile in the Kenya Certificateof Primary Education (KCPE) exam and who are economically and socially marginalized, from every district where Equity Bank has a branch.
Only children from needy backgrounds who would otherwise not afford to join Form 1 without financial support are considered for the scholarships.
Details about the Scholarship
- Candidates who have attained 350 marks and above are advised to fill in the application form, attach their slip and return the same to the nearest Equity Bank branch or Equity Bank Agent.
- Application forms can be obtained from Equity Bank or nearby Equity Bank Agents
Completed application forms must be returned to the Equity Bank branch or Equity Bank Agent not later than 10th January
- Shortlisted students will be invited for interviews which will be conducted by the Equity Group Foundation District Scholarship Selection Board.
- The Wings to Fly scholarship caters for school fees, books, uniform, transport, shopping and pocket money for the four years of secondary school.
- The Wings to Fly program is a partnership between Equity Group Foundation and The MasterCard Foundation with support from USAID, UKAID, KfW and PEPFAR.
It is a program that provides comprehensive Secondary School education and leadership training to academically promising yet economically and socially marginalized young Kenyans.
You are looking for:
- wings to fly scholarship programme
- wings to fly scholarship application form
- wings to fly scholarship 2018
- How to apply for wings to fly scholarship
- Equity wings to fly scholarships
- Equity bank wings to fly scholarship 2018
- wings to fly equity bank application form
Scholarship Application Process/Application Forms
One of the defining features of the Wings To Fly initiative is the transparency and inclusivity of the selection process. The program is gender and region balanced. The application is open to any student who comes from a financially disadvantaged family background and has scored among the top five percentile in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations in the participating districts.
Scholarship application forms are available at Equity Bank branches and Equity Agents as soon as the KCPE results are announced. Rigorous selection is then conducted by the District Scholarship Selection Boards (DSSB). The DSSBs have been institutionalized and serve as auxiliary organs of Equity Group Foundation. Their mandate includes selection of the program beneficiaries as well as tracking the academic performance and the general welfare of the scholars
Upon receiving applications from the candidates, the DSSBs review, shortlist, interview and select students to receive the scholarship using predefined criteria. Each DSSB is chaired by the District Education Officer (DEO) and coordinated by the Equity Bank branch manager(s) in that district. The Board comprises of a minimum of 13 local representative stakeholders including Heads of Primary & Secondary Schools Associations; District Social Development Officers; religious leaders; Constituency Development Fund (CDF) chair; local Women & Youth leaders; Equity Agent representatives, provincial and civic administration
The DSSB remains a crucial link in ensuring objectivity in the selection process, making it possible to verify the case put forth by the applicant. The wide representation of society in the DSSB makes the process widely accepted in the community as a transparent and inclusive process. To undertake its tracking and student welfare role, the DSSB holds at least two mentorship meetings with scholars in a year during school holidays during which scholars have an opportunity to share their academic performance, leadership and conduct at school.
Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarships 2018 Eligibility
The Wings To Fly program targets high achieving yet needy (orphan or vulnerable) students identified by assessing their performance at the nationally administered Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations (KCPE).
EGF, through the District Scholarship Selection Boards (DSSB), uses the following selection criteria for the scholarship:
- Must be Academically Promising – Prospective scholars must be in the top 5 percentile performing students in their District in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination.
- Must be a bona fide Orphan or Vulnerable Child (as defined below);
- Children who have lost one or both parents and have no guardian or sponsor to provide for their education; OR
- Children whose parents are physically or mentally disabled and are unable to educate their children; OR
- Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illness and are unable to educate their children; OR
- Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, and famine or civil conflict and are unable to educate their children; OR
- Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment; OR
- Children with parents living in extreme poverty and are unable to educate their children.