HELB Loan Application First Time Undergraduate 2020-2021
The Higher Education Loans Board invites First Time Undergraduate Loan from Kenyans admitted into Government of Kenya-Sponsored or Self-Sponsored Programs in Public or Private Universities in Kenya that are recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE]. The closing date for the online loan application is 31st August, 2018.
HELB Loan Application for First Time Undergraduate 2020
- Who is eligible?
- Government of Kenya-Sponsored Undergraduate Students placed by Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service (kuccps) and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Undergraduate Self-Sponsored Students.
- How do you apply?
- Visit www.helb.co.ke to register.
- Ensure to read and duly complete the HELB Financial Literacy literature.
- Log in, select and fill in the 2020-2021 First Time undergraduate Loan Application Form from the HELB website.
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents at any of the following:
- Select Huduma Centres: Nairobi, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa, Migori, Chuka and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Ofice.
- HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine One [M1], Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled loan application form.
Note: Once you are awarded a HELB loan, you will be required to fully repay the amount in accordance with the terms & conditions as well as the interest accrued thereafter and penalties incurred [if any].
HELB Loan Application Procedure
- The first step is to create an account with the higher education loans board and login using the details provided to you
Use a modern web browser preferably the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Visit our website www.helb.co.ke Click on Apply for a Loan Click Register to register your credentials (Names, ID Number, Valid Email Address, Password) and Sign Up An Activation Link is immediately sent to your personal email address. Login to your personal email address to access the HELB Portal *activation link and click on it. Login to the HELB Portal from the activation link Update Personal and Residence Details and Click Save Choose Appropriate Loan Product to Apply
- Access the undergraduate Loan Application Form Online (LAF),from the HELB website and fill it carefully.
- Print two copies of the form and have it signed by all required authorities
- Append your signature to the forms and attach all requested documents
- Take a copy of the LAF to any of the listed Banks for verification and inclusion of bank details OR drop it personally at the Boards Office, Anniversary Towers OR any of the Huduma centers nearest to you i.e. Eldoret, Embu, GPO, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kisumu, Machakos, Makadara, Mombasa, Nakuru and Nyeri.
- Leave one copy with the bank for delivery to HELB and retain one copy
- One colored passport size photo
- University Admission Letter
- National ID card
- Bank Account
- KRA Pin Certificate
- Parents Particulars (payslips if employed, bank statements if farming/business, letter of retirement/retrenchment,
- Copy of Parents National ID cards
- Copy of Guarantors National ID cards
- Copy of Guardians National ID cards
- Parents Death Certificate (if orphan. Copies certified by the district registar of births and deaths)
- Or copies of Burial Permits certified by the district registar of births and deaths
- KCSE Result Slip
- Letter from District Medical Officer confirming physical challenge if any
Declarations, Signatures and Stamps
- Applicant to sign own declaration
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) to sign own declaration
- Priest/Pastor/Kadhi’s signature and stamp
- Applicant’s signature on the Loan Agreement Form
- Both guarantor’s signature
- Commissioner for Oathd or Magistrate’s signature and stamp for both guarantors
- Local Chief or Assistant Chief’s signature
- Advocate’s or Magistrate’s signature and stamp
Office Locations & Contacts
Higher Education Loans Board
Anniversary Tower 19th floor, University Way
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Tel: +254 711 052000 or 0202278000
Remember: The HELB Loan Application process is free. Do not pay anyone to process your HELB Loan.