Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet, and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects. With over 20 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Nairobi West Regional Sales & Operations Department within the Regional Sales & Operations Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below;
Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, the individual will provide support to the team by offering driving services for the various functions and vehicle maintenance of all the vehicles in the department.
- Ensure all vehicle repairs are within budget by detecting carelessness and flagging any damages as a result of personal driver recklessness
- Ensuring fuel consumption is within allocated funds and detect any abuse by reconciling mileage record and fuel consumption and report. Also, ensure vehicles are being used for the purpose/jobs intended
- Transferring staff from one point to another on official duties and carrying out Drive Tests when necessary
- Ensure compliance with all road & safety traffic rules including monitoring of relevant motor vehicles-departmental and renewal dates.
- Ensuring that the company vehicles assigned are in good condition, performing the normal routine vehicle check-up every morning.
- Responsible for dropping/picking the departmental vehicles to & from designated garages
- Valid and clean driving license record
- O’ Level Education
- Certificate in basic mechanics
- At least 5 years working experience as a Senior driver, driving a senior management executive in a corporate company
- A proactive team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
As part of our recruitment process, successful candidates will be expected to provide the documents below for verification;
- Applicable to Kenyan citizen candidates only
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID Kenya) (Less than 12 months old)
- Scanned Copy of Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Scanned copy of your University Certificate/s
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport /Legal Form of Identification
How to apply
Use the links below to apply on the company website.