Government Jobs: Rural Electrification Authority Jobs & Careers 2018
Apply for Job Opportunities at Rural Electrification Authority
The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya. Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity. Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network. The Authority is looking for experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the REA mandate. They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Rural Electrification Authority jobs Available
1. REA Finance & Administration Manager
The General Manager will be in charge of Finance and Administration, Human Resource, Information & Communication Technology, Corporate Communication, Legal Services Departments, and Stores and Security Divisions, and provide administrative service to Board Secretariat and Procurement Departments.
- Provides strategic direction in the management of Human Resource in the Authority;
- Ensures that REA adopts and implements effective strategies for the deployment of ICT infrastructure through developing and implementing the ICT strategy and policy;
- Ensure proper financial management in the Authority including, budgeting and budget control, cash and management, compilation of statutory financial report and preparation of final accounts;
- Oversee preparation of Authority’s annual budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets as per Government Policy and presentation to the Board for approval;
- Developing and ensuring effectiveness of performance Management systems;
- Formulate and implement creative communications strategies and public relations programs;
Promote a positive corporate image of the Authority;
Ensures that the Authority’s legal obligations are met in accordance with the
- Authority’s mandate;
Ensuring that the Authority Comply with the Procurement and Disposal Act 2015;
- Provide advisory functions to the top management on matters relating to the security of staff and equipment of REA;
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field from a recognized institution ;
- Master degree in any relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- At least twelve (12) years’ work experience and at least 6 years at a senior management level;
- High knowledge level in a busy environment;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Strong leadership ,planning and supervisory skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Demonstrated integrity;
- Action oriented;
- Conflict resolution;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution