Role of GSO Cadets in Kenya
Kenya Defence Forces Cadets undertakes their training at the Kenya Military Academy (KMA), which was formerly known as Armed Forces Training College (AFTC).
GSO Cadets in Kenya training encompasses theoretical, physical and mental training for selected personnel who are commissioned as Officers of the Kenya Defence Forces.
The senior most intake for General Service Officers (GSO) cadets “KMA 04” who are scheduled to commission on September 2020 are currently undertaking vigorous field training exercises. The cadets undertake various training exercises to sharpen their military skills in order to undertake any task assigned to them as young Officers upon completion of their training.
GSO Cadets in Kenya gain the position after gaining successful training in Lanet, Nakuru County.
GSO Cadets in Kenya Recruitment, Qualifications, Training
- The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) usually announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Constables every year for recruitment exercise.
- CORRUPTION. Bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law. All persons presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified documents or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted. If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitment. Do not waste your money and risk imprisonment; NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.
- The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- (1) Be Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. (4 Copies of
National Identity Card and PIN certificate)
(3) Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards. (5) Have no criminal record.
(a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in). (b) Women 1.52m (5ft).
(6) Minimum Height:
(7) Minimum Weight:
(a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb). (b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- b. Minimum Academic Qualifications
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) Specialist Officers. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable. The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
(3) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits. Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
(4) Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
Kenya cadets salary
fter the kdf salary increment review in 2019, the GSO Cadets in Kenya earn a salary of approximately Kshs. 70, 000 monthly with other allowances included.
cadet training in Kenya
GSO Cadets in Kenya training encompasses theoretical, physical and mental training for selected personnel who are commissioned as Officers of the Kenya Defence Forces in Lanet, Nakuru county.
Advantages of being a cadet in Kenya
Cadet application Kenya 2020
Role of GSO cadets in Kenya
Cadet Kenya 2020
cadet recruitment 2020
Cadet Jobs in Kenya
- Career Opportunities at Kenya Defence Forces – 6 Positions
- Career Opportunities at Kenya Defence Forces – 6 Positions(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How to Make 50, 000 from Mandazi Business(Opens in a new browser tab)
- KDF Recruitment 2019-2020 Dates and Centres – Kenya Defence forces(Opens in a new browser tab)
- KDF Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 KDF 2020 Recruitment(Opens in a new browser tab)
- KDF 2019 Recruitment GSO cadets and Shortlisting