Apply for Relationship Manager Job at I&M Bank Ltd
Relationship Manager – Premium Banking
I&M Bank Limited, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
DEPARTMENT: Premium Banking
REPORTS TO: Head of Premium Banking
The position is responsible for marketing to new and existing clients to grow quality business of both the asset and liability book in line with segment targets and attain target profit for the Segment. This role is also responsible for the retention of existing Segment customers, and growing the wallet share from existing business/personal banking requirements and effective management of the relationship /customer experience. The role is also the point of contact for borrowing customers.
- Prospecting for new business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services such as personal accounts, current accounts, loans, fixed deposit accounts, card products, Internet Banking, Home Loans, Commercial Advances by way of Working Capital, Term Loans, STL’s, Hire Purchase, Asset Financing, IPF’s, Letters of Credit and Letters of Guarantees;
- Documenting Account opening and executing all KYC documents to facilitate account opening and all Bank’s products and services;
- Obtaining related financial documents to be able to put forward any new borrowing requests from the client;
- Preparing Call reports with recommendations and submitting for consideration by approvers;
- Mobilizing High Cost and Low-Cost Deposits and growing the Bank’s Deposit Base in line with Segment targets;
- Providing feedback to the client on the outcome of their request and providing other solutions which could be beneficial to them in the long run;
- Processing and concluding transactions in a timely manner;
- Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
- Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under allotted portfolio and obtaining approvals where/when required;
- Cross-selling the Bank’s and Group’s products.
- Conducting reviews and renewals for existing relationships with clients enjoying various Credit facilities by proposing and recommending Credit Appraisals;
- Making follow-ups with Credit department on the offer letter and other Banks contractual documents for the client to execute for facilities approved and following up internally and externally for processing of securities and marking limits;
- Attending to the Credit Audit report and ensuring that ARPs are promptly attended to and resolved;
- Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
- Filling customer instructions/important loan-related documents in the client’s respective dockets for safe custody as the information is private and confidential;
- Reviewing Loan excess and arrears reports on a weekly basis and providing comments for all accounts listed. This involves making daily follow-ups with clients to ensure that their accounts are conducted within their sanction limits and any irregular excess are regularized within the shortest time possible;
- Reviewing and commenting on enhanced and new facilities at the end of every month as per the Central Bank of Kenya requirement to the Credit department.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or equivalent professional body.
At least 5 years relevant experience
Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Knowledgeable in credit, legal (conveyancing) and lending knowledge;
- Basic understanding of Banking Law; and
- Knowledgeable in the Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines, and credit policies.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 16th December 2017. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: email@example.com (preferred option)
Interested and qualified? Go to I&M Bank career website on www.imbank.com to apply