Job Openings at Living Goods
Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. To do this, Living Goods not only grows its own business operations, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus Care International, BRAC and PSI. Living Goods’ future success increasingly depends on the state of the art mHealth, communications, the latest mobile tools, apps and technologies to drive impact.
Living Goods jobs
1. Network Technical Advisor
To support our ambitious goals in Kenya, we seek an experienced, innovative and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our Assisted Networks team as Technical Advisors, Supervision.
The Technical Advisor will be assisting a network of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) within a sub county, primarily to support the Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWs) deliver high impact through best practice performance management and supervision and supporting the sub county and county health teams within the AN to deliver impactful community health.
- Provide technical advice through conducting trainings and coaching sessions for community health extension workers (CHEWs) and sub-country management teams (SCMT) on performance management and supervision of CHVs.
- Provide ongoing coaching of Sub County and county health management teams on how to review and analyze data on the performance dashboards and interpret to support CHVs to deliver against targets.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity-building across the sub county and share learnings and get feedback.
- Support CHEWs and other county health teams on field visits
- Support the Program Manager in the initial engagement and co-design the support with a new county and sub county, helping to establish ways of working ensuring the county and sub county government are fully engaged.
- If needed, represent and offer support in county and sub county technical meetings and engagements and actively seek out, identify, advise upon and implement opportunities for collaborative work across the sector.
- Prepare and present reports and key insights as necessary to support the Program Manager.
- Support the Program Manager to ensure CHEWs are equipped for supportive supervision
- Develop and initiate new ideas to improve how we provide technical assistance.
- Manage project expenditures and track records to keep costs as low as possible
- Degree in health sciences.
- Post-graduate training in Management or Public Health an added advantage.
- 5 years or more experience bringing a sound understanding of the Kenya Health System and prior technical assistance work experience with and/or involving close association with national and county governments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be flexible and willing to travel across Kenya and primarily based in the field.
- Good computer and analytical skills a must.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiative, and work without constant supervision.
- Honest, reliable, diplomatic and well organized.
2. Network Program Manager
Living Goods Kenya is co-designing with county governments, how to assist their networks of Community Health Volunteers and to provide technical assistance in implementing community health. LG will provide hands-on support, to build and strengthen community health systems, implement mHealth technologies and performance management support.
County Governments recognize a need to implement innovative approaches to achieve significant results in key areas within the reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) space.
The goal of Living Goods support is to build capacity in order that high impact community health is managed by government and to fully owned by the Country Health Management Teams to ensure sustainability in the long term.
To support our ambitious goals in Kenya, we seek an experienced, innovative and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our Assisted Networks team as a Program Manager.
This role will work closely with both LG internal resources and sub county and county health management teams to ensure the flawless implementation of a new Assisted Network (AN) program focused on dramatically improving the health of millions of low income households.
The AN Program Manager will be accountable for supporting the capacity building of supervision of highly impactful community health volunteers in the sub counties we are operating in.
You will be an expert in effectively managing the implementation of health programs in Kenya. You will have primary responsibility for the management of all assisted network activities in a number of sub – counties. You will provide direct supervision to the Technical Advisors and Regional Field Technical Officers.
You will own delivering against our plans, coordinating across teams within LG and with our government partners and adjusting how we work as we learn as we go.
You will coordinate and operationalize the day-to-day support of the assistance provided to the networks of community health volunteers in the counties.
- Support the co-design and oversee the implementation of the Technical Assistance Program for your county(s) ensuring that technical assistance support is provided to time, budget and delivers the impact required.
- Plan all activities including mhealth solution training with government and partners, dispensing health kits, ensuring trainings are coordinated and supervision and performance management coaching sessions for community health extension workers (CHEWs) and sub-country management teams (SCMT) are happening.
- Facilitate county and cross-county collaboration including capturing learnings, adapting, improving, developing our AN model and identifying skills gaps and areas for strengthening community health systems to reflect best practice and what is viable in the field.
- Prepare and present reports and key insights as necessary to county teams and internally.
- Support the county teams to maximize performance of CHVS by setting targets and ensuring that key performance indicators (KPIs) are being achieved
- Ensure consistency in approach across all LG Assisted Networks
- Build strong relationships with county and sub county teams, working closely with the LG government relations and advocacy teams.
- Design and own methods for tracking progress and managing risks. Take corrective action if necessary.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members.
- Support team and individuals to build relationships with key partners in the region including the County Health Teams and other operating partners working with CHVs.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible
- Undergraduate degree in business, management or health related areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of program management experience overseeing complex programs of which at least 2 years should be overseeing technical assistance programs.
- Good understanding of Kenyan health systems, ideally community health and working closely with county government teams.
- Proven ability to contribute and to succeed in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to adapt communication (verbal and written) to different stakeholders.
- Expertise in project planning and tracking tools. Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint is a must
3. Assisted Network Technical Android Field Support Officers
To support our ambitious goals in Kenya, we seek experienced, innovative and passionate individuals, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our Assisted Networks team as Technical Android Field Support Officers.
The Technical Field Support Officers will provide direct support on technology issues (Android phones/tablets and applications) to Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) supervisors. The long term vision is to transition to government doing this role
- Ensure that CHVs and CHEWs are supplied with appropriate technologies and equipment with the software application, analytics software and where appropriate data bundles
- Support the training of CHVs and CHEWs in the use of the software applications and supervisory tools, including dashboards
- Support CHEWs and other county health teams on field visits
- Provide CHEWs and CHVs with support on any technical issues with the phones and tablets
- Ensure CHVs are able to send key health messages through SMS to registered clients
- Support county health teams to access performance dashboards
- Provide support for mobile devices and applications to LG Staff and CHVs within the assigned region.
- Resolve technology (hardware & software) failures/faults within agreed time limits
- Implement mobile application upgrades as required
- Support rollout of new applications as relevant
- Keep a detailed record of assigned county systems and mobile devices/application issues for purposes of reference and implementing improvements
- Support management of all technology assets in the field as required
- Provide regular verbal and written reports as required
- Perform other professional duties as identified within the context of the role as directed by the organization.
- Diploma in IT or Computer Science required.
- Experience troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Training experience
- Experience operating and troubleshooting Android smartphones a must.
- Willingness to travel in the field.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to manage and prioritize many open cases at one time
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution;
- Ability to prioritize your workload
- Excellent verbal communications skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
How to apply
Use the links below to apply for the Jobs on the company website.
- Network Technical Advisor
- Network Program Manager
- Assisted Network Technical Android Field Support Officers