Latest Jobs at Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya)
Latest Jobs at Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) – 5 Positions
FIDA is expanding its services and seeks to recruit for the following position
1. Legal Assistant
Reports to: The Senior Legal Counsel
- Attending to clients and advising on various processes that are required in the filing of matters in the Court Registry.
- Serving of all the court processes and updating the FIDA office and Clients
- Filling and retrieving clients files
- Drafting relevant legal documents.
- Participate in legal dispute resolution and mediation on related matters as brought to the attention of the relevant FIDA Kenya office.
- Manage FIDA and Court Registry.
- Receiving court reports from clients of all matters from the court and updating files.
- Updating all the Access to Justice team’s diaries including the Master diary to inform on upcoming matters and progress of all that have been served upon.
- Support the team in Training of clients on self-representation in court.
- Conduct file audits to ensure they are in order before serving the same to the relevant recipients and in Court.
- Ensure financial budgeting and requisitions for branch office in the requests for filing fees requirements and follow-up and assist in auditing of the same as and when called upon to do so.
- Diploma in Legal Studies
- Licensed court process server
- Holder of a Certificate of Good Conduct
- MUST have 2 years work experience.
- Work in Non-Governmental Organisation will be an added advantage.
2. Communications Officer
Reports to: The Deputy Executive Director and Head of Programmes
- Develop a communication strategy that speaks to goals, tactics, visibility and branding strategies for FIDA Kenya to ensure it remains on top of issues of gender and transformative justice
- Coordination of publicity and advocacy strategies for various FIDA Kenya programs and activities seeking high level placement in print, broadcast and online media.
- Monitoring and ensuring media coverage of FIDA Kenya and women’s rights issues and responding to the same.
- Liaising with and managing media inquiries and interview requests.
- Drafting of speeches, press statements and articles for publication in various media releases.
- Coordination of press conferences and other media events.
- FIDA Kenya website updating and support in maintenance.
- Networking with like-minded organizations for information sharing.
- Manage the preparation and production of FIDA Kenya journals and publications.
- Take lead in developing content and engaging in Social media management for the organization including twitter, Facebook etc.
- Be the overall events Manager for all FIDA Kenya related activities to ensure that the branding aspect of the organization is upheld and by so doing all of the organizations related activities are well branded with the relevant banners, logos and trademark colour of the organization.
- Evaluation of opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Management of the FIDA Kenya resource Centre to ensure that it is stocked with up to date and recent materials that are relevant to the organizations work.
- Undertake any other tasks as commensurate with the post.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University majoring in Journalism or Mass Communication or its equivalent in related fields.
- MUST have 5 Years post qualification professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender & women’s rights issues. Knowledge of media and experience in media program management.
- Work in the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computers and managing websites.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills/Social person.
- Proven excellent writing skills in both English and Kiswahili, with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
3. Program Officer
Reports to: Senior Programme Officer
- Taking lead in ensuring that women’s rights, gender and gender mainstreaming principles and practices are mainstreamed in project activities with a specific attention to rights of women and children with disability.
- Designing and implementing program work plans per activity as per the set project proposal outcomes and outputs with constant tracking of the program budget.
- Build and sustain effective partnerships with government, like-minded organizations and other civil societies towards the promotion of program objectives.
- Contributing towards resource mobilization through proposal writing and research to ensure sustainability of the project.
- Design legislative and policy advocacy tools and activities related to the progression and rights of persons with disability in Kenya.
- Participate in national, regional and international women’s rights forums
- Supporting the linkage between women with disability organisations and women led/rights organizations advocating for women’s rights in program activities.
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in social science.
- MUST have2 years post qualification experience in managing projects.
- Strong understanding and experience on gender mainstreaming, development and inclusion with a main focus on women with disability.
- Women with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
4. Senior Programs Officer
- Oversee operational management of programs under the Women and Governance program. The Senior Program Officer will be the overall Supervisor of the Women and Governance Program team and shall take lead in the recruitment of Program Officers within the program, lead in the target setting and appraisal of the Women and Governance team of Program Officers.
- Ensure proper planning, implementation, and reporting of projects within the set timelines as per the project proposal and budgets.
- Ensure that program objectives/interventions and budget compliance
- Coordinate and support high-quality research, in order to generate knowledge on women rights, law, and governance
- Conducting trainings, symposiums, and awareness at different forums under the Women and Governance program and when called upon to support the Access to Justice teams;
- Representing the organization at International, National and Regional levels in various activities Preparing and presentation of memoranda /position papers to different authorities on gender and governance;
- Manage FIDA Kenya networks and partnerships related to the program under the Women and Governance team.
- Development of competitive proposals and concept notes
- Bachelor degrees in Social Sciences.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- MUST have experience of 5 years in program management
- Good understanding of Women’s’ rights issues – locally, regionally and internationally. A critical understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and relevant international instruments
- A demonstration of experience and success in resource mobilization and fundraising strategies highly recommended.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good communication and public relations skills
5. Finance Officer
Reports to the Finance Manager
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations reports of all allocated bank accounts
- Accurate filing of the financial reports and payment vouchers on a weekly basis.
- Conducting surprise cash count.
- Audit preparation
- Bank Agent for the organization
- Continuous update & analysis of expenditures as requested by management.
- Preparation of Donor reports on assigned grants from Development partners.
- Maintenance of Fixed assets registers including verification and tagging of assets.
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Maintenance & filing of statutory records & returns.
- Verify fund requisitions for workshops and advice on the availability of funds for proposed activities.
- Issuance of receipts for all cash/cheques received e.g. sales from FIDA K publications, library fees, balances from workshops and travel advances
- Liquidation of staff advances
- Review of staff field advances and updating of returns in the books of accounts
- Facilitate payment of goods and services as they fall due and in line with accounting procedures.
- Facilitate payment of goods and services as they fall due in line with accounting procedures
- Preparation of donor budgets for on-going grants and formulation of budgets for funding proposals.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a recognized University majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Holder of CPA Section 4 and above or its equivalent.
- MUST have 3 years’ relevant work experience in accounting or finance
- Previous experience in a busy accounts office and preferably in an NGO.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications and other accounting software. Knowledge of QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Must be a good team player, highly self-motivated, keen to detail and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications that include a cover letter indicating suitability for the position applied for and expected salary, updated Curriculum Vitae listing three referees one of whom must be a former employer, and daytime contact to
The Executive Director
FIDA Kenya Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
The application should be addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 1st February 2018.
Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send the email to:
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.