Every year, a large number of Kenyan youth who complete secondary school do not secure an opportunity for further training. The Government has established numerous technical training institutions with modern facilities and equipment across the country. These technical training institutions offer practical skills and competencies necessary for the realisation of the BIG 4 Agenda to put Kenya on the path of industrialisation. Unfortunately, some of them are operating with very low enrolment even as the Government continues to establish more and more of such institutions.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is encouraging the Kenyan youth to rise and take up these opportunities; enrol into national polytechnics, technical training institutions and vocational training centres and gain technical skills and competencies for gainful employment and self-employment and be self-reliant.
Students who enrol in these technical training institutions through KUCCPS will henceforth benefit from Government fee subsidy and a generous HELB loan.
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The online application system is open for past KCSE candidates who have not yet secured training opportunities to apply for TVET programmes (diploma and certificate courses) from June 13, 2018at 00.00 hours to June 27, 2018, at 23.59 hours.
- All youths who attained a KCSE mean grade of C – and above and did not qualify for Government sponsorship in the respective year are eligible to apply for diploma courses while those with D (plain) and above are eligible to apply for certificates courses.
- Those who may have submitted their applications earlier either directly to universities and colleges or through their respective schools but failed to secure any of their choices may revise their choices during this period if they so wish. There will be no manual application.
Applicants will be required to submit the following information as used in the KCSE examination registration.
- KCSE Index Number (username)
- KCSE Examination Year
- Birth Certificate Number / KCPE index number (password)
- A valid email account (if you do not have an email account you may create for free)
For assistance, applicants may visit the KUCCPS offices at ACK Garden House, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community (next to Ministry of Lands) during the application period.
Enquires may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0723954927/0734879662/020 5137400 between 8 am and 5 pm during the application period.
APPLICATION SUPPORT STATIONS
Between Monday 18, 2018 and Saturday 23, 2018, the KUCCPS officers will be available at the following stations/technical training institutions to offer career guidance and application support to applicants.
- Nyeri National Polytechnic – Nyeri
- Kisii National Polytechnic – Kisii
- Kisumu National Polytechnic – Kisumu
- Lodwar Vocational Training Centre – Turkana
- Rift Valley Technical Training institute – Eldoret
- Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology – Nakuru
- Samburu Teachers Training Institute – Samburu
- Meru National Polytechnic – Meru
- Northeastern National Polytechnic – Garissa
- Kitale National Polytechnic – Kitale
- Bumbe Technical Training Institute – Busia
- Narok West Technical Training Institute – Narok
- Kenya Water Institute – Kitui
- Nyandarua Technical Training Institute – Nyahururu
- Wote Technical Training institute – Wote/Makueni
- Sigalagala National Polytechnic – Kakamega
- Coast Institute of Technology – Voi
- Kenya Coast Polytechnic – Mombasa
Click HERE to view available courses, their requirements, programme codes and apply.