KDF 2019 List of Shortlisted Candidates: Tradesmen, Women for Interviews
ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT OF GENERAL SERVICE OFFICER (GSO) CADETS, SPECIALIST OFFICERS, GENERAL DUTY RECRUITS, TRADESMEN/WOMEN AND DEFENCE FORCES CONSTABLES INTO THE KENYA DEFENCE FORCES
- The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Constables which is scheduled to take place in the month of October and November 2019.
- CORRUPTION. Bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law. All persons presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified documents or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted. If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitments. Do not waste your money and risk imprisonment; NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.
- The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- General Conditions
(1) Be Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. (4 Copies of
National Identity Card and PIN certificate)
(3) Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards. (5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height:
(7) Minimum Weight:
(a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb). (b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- b. Minimum Academic Qualifications
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) Specialist Officers. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable. The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
(3) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits. Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
(4) Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
(a) Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National
(b) Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between
35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
(c) Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good”
(d) Must have served for at least 9 years Colour Service and retired honourably from KDF.
- a. General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
- Specialist Officers. In addition to the minimum academic qualifications, Specialist Officers must posses’ qualifications and where necessary be registered with the relevant Statutory Bodies for the vacancies below:
(1) Medical Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of
Surgery and be registered with Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(2) Pharmacists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB).
(3) Nursing Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
(4) Dentists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery and be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(5) Laboratory Technologists. Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Medical
Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Science.
(6) Counselling Psychologists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in
(7) Public Health Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in
Public Health/Environmental Science.
(8) Cyber Security/Digital Forensic/IT Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering/Networking. Certification in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, and Ethical hacking or Information Security analysis will be added advantage.
(9) Engineers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical, Marine, Biomedical, Naval Architecture and Mechatronics Engineering and be registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
(10) Journalists. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication majoring either in Broadcast Production or Public Relations with at least two (2) years working experience.
(11) Lawyers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University, be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current and valid practicing certificate with at least two (2) years practicing experience. Experience in litigation will be an added advantage.
(12) Physical Training Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or Bachelor of Education (Physical Education).
(13) Finance/Accounting Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Commerce
(14) Music Specialists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Music.
(15) Chaplains/Imams. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Theology/Islamic studies from a recognized Institution. Protestant Churches and Roman Catholic Chaplains must be ordained Ministers and recommended by Archbishop and Episcopal Conference respectively. Imams must be recommended by the Chief Kadhi.
(16) Hospitality Management/Catering Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management/ Food Production.
(17) Entrepreneurship and Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship.
(18) Statistics Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Applied
(19) Procurement & Supply Chain Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing & Supplies Management.
(20) Library and Information Officers. Must hold at least Bachelor’s degree in
Library and Information Science.
(21) Project Managers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and
(22) Quantity Surveyors. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey and registered with Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
(23) Oceanographers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography.
(24) Dock Masters. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nautical Science.
(a) Accounting/Finance/CPA II
(b) Aeronautical Engineering (A&E) (c) Archives and Record Management (d) Automotive Engineering
(e) Building and Construction
(f) Carpentry and Joinery
(g) Community Health & Development
(h) Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
(i) Computer Science/Information Technology
(j) Counseling Psychology
(k) Clinical Medicine and Surgery
(l) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(m) Electrical and Instrumentation/Control Engineering
(n) Human Resource Management
(o) Journalism (Print Journalist, Audio – Visual Producer) (p) Marine Engineering
(q) Mechanical Engineering (Plant/Production) (r) Medical Laboratory
(t) Painting/Coating Technology
(u) Para Legal
(v) Pharmaceutical Technology
(w) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting/Plumbing Technology
(x) Project Planning and Management
(y) Public Health/Environmental Science
(z) Purchasing and Supplies Management
(bb) Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
(cc) Research Skills Development
(dd) Sales and Marketing
(ff) Telecommunication Engineering
(gg) Warehouse/Store Keeping Management
(hh) Welding & Fabrication
(a) Auto/Motor Vehicle Electrical
(b) Automotive/Motor Vehicle Mechanics
(c) Carpentry and Joinery
(d) Composite Manufacturing Technology
(e) Electrical and Electronics (f) Marine/Ship Construction (g) Masonry and Brick Laying (h) Plant Mechanics
(j) Plant Operations (Heavy Plant/Crane/Forklift/Tug Operations)
(k) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
(l) Welding and Fabrication
- Clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates and current National Identity
Card (ID) MUST be attached to the application and be addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces
(Personnel and Logistics) Ministry of Defence Defence Headquarters Ulinzi House
P O Box 40668 – 00100
- The applications to reach the addressee on or before 7th November 2019. Candidates who will be shortlisted for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women shall be notified through the print media from 17th to 23rd November 2019.
- The KDF Recruiting Teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the Recruiting Centres (County Headquarters) as indicated below to recruit General Service Officers, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables.
|28 Oct 19||Baringo||Kabarnet Show Ground|
|28 Oct 19||Bomet||Bomet Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Busia||Busia Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Isiolo||Isiolo Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Kericho||Green Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Kiambu||Kirigithi Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Kisumu||Kisumu Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Kitui||Kitui Show Ground|
|28 Oct 19||Kwale||Kwale Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Laikipia||Nanyuki Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Lamu||Amu Island (Kibaki Grounds)|
|28 Oct 19||Machakos||Machakos Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Migori||Migori Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Muranga||Ihura Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Nakuru||Afraha Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Nyandarua||Ol Kalou|
|28 Oct 19||Taita/Taveta||Mwatate (Kenyatta High Sch Grounds)|
|28 Oct 19||Tharaka Nithi||Kathwana|
|28 Oct 19||Trans Nzoia||Kenyatta Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Turkana||Lodwar|
|28 Oct 19||Uasin Gishu||64 Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||Vihiga||Mbale (Kidundu Stadium)|
|28 Oct 19||Wajir||Wajir Stadium|
|28 Oct 19||West Pokot||Kapenguria|
|30 Oct 19||Bungoma||Kanduyi Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Elgeyo/Marakwet||Iten Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Embu||Moi Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Garissa||Garissa TTC Grounds|
|30 Oct 19||Homa Bay||Homa Bay Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Kajiado||KCB Grounds|
|30 Oct 19||Kakamega||Bukhungu Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Kilifi||Alaskan Grounds|
|30 Oct 19||Kirinyaga||Kerugoya Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Kisii||Kisii Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Makueni||Wote|
|30 Oct 19||Mandera||Moi Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Marsabit||Marsabit Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Meru||Kinoru Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Mombasa||Tononoka Grounds|
|30 Oct 19||Nairobi||MISC (Kasarani)|
|30 Oct 19||Nandi||Kipchoge Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Narok||Narok Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Nyamira||Nyamira Stadiun|
|30 Oct 19||Nyeri||Ruringu Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Samburu||Maralal Stadium|
|30 Oct 19||Siaya||Siaya MTC Grounds|
|30 Oct 19||Tana River||Hola Stadium|
——–END OF 2019/2020 ADVERTISEMENT—————–
The Successful candidates will be considered for recruitment into the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF). All candidates must bring with them:
- Original National identity card
- All academic and professional certificates
- Curriculum vitae and any other testimonials.
Feeding and accommodation will be provided during the period of interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be reimbursed reasonable road traveling expenses subject to production of proof in accordance with Kenya Defence Forces regulations.
KDF Shortlisted Candidates 2018/2019,
KDF Shortlisted Tradesmen 2018/2019,
KDF Cadets Salary,
KDF Shortlisted Candidates 2018/2019 Pdf,
Kenya Defence Forces Shortlisted Candidates 2017,
KDF Shortlisted Tradesmen 2018,
KDF List of Shortlisted Candidates 2018,