(1) Be Kenyan citizens with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity card (3) Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers and not above 39 for Chaplains/Imams
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
(5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height:
(a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
(b) Women 1.52m (5ft)
(7) Minimum Weight:
(a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
b. Minimum Education Qualifications
1. General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
Mean grade B (Plain) in KCSE with a minimum subject grade of C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and in any one of the sciences subjects. Those aspiring to join KDF in this category should note that the initial training period will cover three (3) continuous years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies on successful completion.
2. Specialist Officers
Must hold a minimum grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ in English, Mathematics, and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognised University/Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory body, where applicable. The initial training period for specialist officers will be no less than 3 months.
Kenya Defence Forces Vacancies
a. General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets