Job Vacancies at National Bank of Kenya – 3 Positions
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
1. Senior Relationship Manager, Large Commercial
Job Ref No. HR/002/18
Division: Corporate Banking
Division Reporting to: Head Commercial Banking
The successful candidate will be responsible for on boarding, managing existing and new Large commercial clients, integrating and co-ordinating all Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client.
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customised to best meet the financial needs of Large Commercial customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank
- Mine and analyse customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Provide an efficient central advisory/information/ query handling service point for the portfolio.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with all clients to analyse needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative products to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Explain and structure / customise credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts, Credit Managers and Head of Corporate Credit to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Notify customer promptly regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities, and explore suitable alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigating strategies Manage a team of Relationship Managers to ensure that work standards and quality work output targets are set, achieved and maintained.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field At least Eight (8) years experience in Business / Commercial Banking relationship management of which five (5) must be in management level.
- Good knowledge of Banks products, services, procedures and policies, especially KYC & Anti-Money Laundering procedures.
- Formal training in relationship management & credit/lending knowledge is an added advantage Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
2. Database Administrator
Job Ref No. HR/03/18
Reporting to: Head of Infrastructure
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering, maintaining, developing & implementing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata & DataGuard & SQL Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle& SQL databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases. Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. Three (3) years’ experience as a Database Administrator.
- Experience in a Financial Institution will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of physical database design.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backups and recovery scenarios.
- Knowledge in Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, MS SQL & DataGuard Administration.
- Knowledge of Unix, Enterprise Linux administration & Exadata management will be an added advantage.
- Oracle Certified Expert/Oracle Certified
- Master will also be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge on OBIEE& other BI tools.
- Proven experience on data warehouse management & ETL processes.
- Good communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong analytical skills. Team player.
How to apply
Send your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected]
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process