Job Opportunities at Safaricom Kenya –
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 20 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
1. IT Solutions Architect
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Planning and Delivery Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Architecture and Design the holder of the position will create technical solutions for business problems, utilizing available IT assets. The role holder will act as the technical subject matter expert on IT systems, providing and articulating forward-looking technical proposals for implementation either to cover existing functionality gaps or to generate new innovative commercial products and business services. He/She will also act as an Information Technology evangelist to business.
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation;
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture;
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders;
- Maintain up to date EA documentation;
- Maintain updated IT service catalogue documentation;
- Proactively communicate to business stakeholders on the available IT capabilities.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Solution Architecture skills ( Advanced level);
- 5 years of software development experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis and design;
- Advanced skills in logical and physical data modeling, relational databases;
- Experience in multiple programming languages and Web services;
- Experience with both UNIX and Windows platforms are necessary;
- Knowledge of networking-TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing;
- Knowledge of security-encryption (SSL), certificates, firewalls, VPN, IPSec, etc;
- Experience integrating products into legacy systems;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Decision-making skills;
- Desire to continually learn new skills
- Experience in the cloud and managed services will be an added advantage.
2. Territory Account Manager
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the SME and Regional Operations within the Enterprise Business Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
The Territory Account Manager will drive sales within the set territory with an objective of driving business revenues and opportunities across the customer base to exceed DB through acquisition and retention as well as assuring retention of baseline under their management
- To identify growth prospects and specific opportunities in the territory; device strategic plans for territory penetration and tactical plan execution including pipelines;
- To track territory performance management;
- To identify growth opportunities, up-selling, and cross-selling potential within the assigned territory;
- To provide leadership for customers by understanding business objectives and recommend business solutions;
- To develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies;
- To develop strong relationships with customers to maintain baseline growth, Churn Management, including following up on all existing contracts renewal;
- To develop customer value propositions and presentations;
- To gather and execute market intelligence;
- To manage daily and weekly sales reporting for Regional Manager;
- To drive Net Promoter Score by maintaining strong and deep relationships with accounts under direct management and keeping communication with the customer throughout the entire customer journey.
- Degree in a Business related disciplines with an IT/Commercial bias;
- Work experience of 3 years preferably managing SME Customers
- IT knowledge/working experiences will be an added advantage;
- Strong relationship building skills preferably from the SME Environment
- Ability to deliver results , meet and surpass targets with minimum supervision
- Critical competencies for success
- Demonstrate the ability to implement processes and handle cross-functional issues from end to end.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Safaricom processes especially the change management process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various technologies, UMTS, VAS and IT.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle governance issues, bring people to task.
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule activities, identify resource needs, dependencies and synergies.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Nairobi West Regional Sales & Operations Department within the Regional Sales & Operations Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below;
Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, the individual will provide support to the team by offering driving services for the various functions and vehicle maintenance of all the vehicles in the department.
- Ensure all vehicle repairs are within budget by detecting carelessness and flagging any damages as a result of personal driver recklessness
- Ensuring fuel consumption is within allocated funds and detect any abuse by reconciling mileage record and fuel consumption and report. Also, ensure vehicles are being used for the purpose/jobs intended
- Transferring staff from one point to another on official duties and carrying out Drive Tests when necessary
- Ensure compliance with all road & safety traffic rules including monitoring of relevant motor vehicles-departmental and renewal dates.
- Ensuring that the company vehicles assigned are in good condition, performing the normal routine vehicle check-up every morning.
- Responsible for dropping/picking the departmental vehicles to & from designated garages
- Valid and clean driving license record
- O’ Level Education
- Certificate in basic mechanics
- At least 5 years working experience as a Senior driver, driving a senior management executive in a corporate company
- A proactive team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
As part of our recruitment process, successful candidates will be expected to provide the documents below for verification;
- Applicable to Kenyan citizen candidates only
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID Kenya) (Less than 12 months old)
- Scanned Copy of Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Scanned copy of your University Certificate/s
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport /Legal Form of Identification
How to apply
Use the links below to apply on the company website.
- IT Solutions Architect
- Territory Account Manager
am a police officer ,can I apply
JOB APPLICATION: DRIVER.
A DRIVER, I HEREBY APPLYING FOR A VACANT OF A DRIVER IN YOUR ORGANIZATION.
Safaricom the better option. I am requesting for a job in your organisation. I have a certificate in secretarial stages I, II and III KNEC. Thank you.
I Mr.nicholas Mwiti mwathi, a qualified ABCE driver cum mechanic Gorverment gade 3,2&1.i have relavant courses eg.first aid,motor vehicle instructor,motor vehicle electrian etc..15yrs experience as a driver..looking for a job..
am a police officer can I really apply for this job
Am a police officer can I really apply cause am interested
Those of us holding a diploma in ICT related field, is there any room for us kindly ?
Am a detective currently working at DCI DADAAB
Holder of Bachelor of commerce finance option from university of nairobi.
CPA part II section iv currently pursuing section v
Am a Kenyan citizen aged 36 years old and would like to join your organization as a driver how can I join or apply.