Equity bank Wings to Fly Scholarship 2020 Online Application
Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarships 2020: Equity bank scholarship foundation provides over 2000 secondary school scholarships for Kenyan students each year. Download high school scholarship application forms!
Each year, the Equity Bank Group Scholarship Foundation Wings to Fly program offers over 2000 comprehensive secondary school scholarships in Kenya.
The Wings to Fly scholarships are given to top performing pupils ranked in the top 5 percentile in the Kenya Certificateof Primary Education (KCPE) exam and who are economically and socially marginalized, from every district where Equity Bank has a branch.
Only children from needy backgrounds who would otherwise not afford to join Form 1 without financial support are considered for the scholarships.
Wings To Fly Scholarships 2020 Online Application
Details about the Scholarship
Applicant should create a new account through the Wings to fly portal and fill in the 2020 application form for consideration.
- Only 2019 KCPE candidates are viable to make an application for this scholarship.
- The information provided in this form is intended to help Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
- All fields with asterisk (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
- This application form must be filled accurately, honestly and completely. Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
- Please review the following documents and if required have soft/scanned copies for ease of completing the online application form:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school). For early bird applications, you will be allowed to complete the application form without KCPE marks and Result Slip until submission.
- Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother deceased).
- Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past).
- Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs).
- Copy of Pay Slip/ Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/business).
- Signed declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Adm., Religious Leader and any other.
- The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
Searches related to Wings To Fly scholarship
wings to fly scholarship programme
wings to fly scholarship application form
wings to fly scholarship 2020
how to apply for wings to fly scholarship
equity wings to fly scholarships
equity bank wings to fly scholarship 2020
wings to fly equity bank application form
Scholarship Application Process/Appication Forms
One of the defining features of the Wings To Fly initiative is the transparency and inclusivity of the selection process. The program is gender and region balanced. Application is open to any student who comes from a financially disadvantaged family background and has scored among the top five percentile in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations in the participating districts.
Scholarship application forms are available at Equity Bank branches and Equity Agents as soon as the KCPE results are announced. Rigorous selection is then conducted by the District Scholarship Selection Boards (DSSB). The DSSBs have been institutionalized and serve as auxiliary organs of Equity Group Foundation. Their mandate includes selection of the program beneficiaries as well as tracking the academic performance and the general welfare of the scholars
Upon receiving applications from the candidates, the DSSBs review, shortlist, interview and select students to receive the scholarship using predefined criteria. Each DSSB is chaired by the District Education Officer (DEO) and coordinated by the Equity Bank branch manager(s) in that district. The Board comprises of a minimum of 13 local representative stakeholders including Heads of Primary & Secondary Schools Associations; District Social Development Officers; religious leaders; Constituency Development Fund (CDF) chair; local Women & Youth leaders; Equity Agent representatives, provincial and civic administration
The DSSB remains a crucial link in ensuring objectivity in the selection process, making it possible to verify the case put forth by the applicant. The wide representation of society in the DSSB makes the process widely accepted in the community as a transparent and inclusive process. To undertake its tracking and student welfare role, the DSSB holds at least two mentorship meetings with scholars in a year during school holidays during which scholars have an opportunity to share their academic performance, leadership and conduct at school.
- wings to fly university scholarships 2020
- wings to fly 2020 selection
- equity wings to fly online application
- equity wings to fly scholarship
- equity bank university scholarships 2020
- equity wings to fly 2020 online application
- equity bank wings to fly scholarship 2020
- equity wings to fly 2020 application form