Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya – Undergraduate & Masters
Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya: RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for Young Africans in Kenya and Uganda.
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 66 universities in 26 African countries.
The partnership focuses on ‘Transforming African Agricultural Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development’.
The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through the enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 masters scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years.
The scholarships target; academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa.
The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement.
For the academic year 2018, 45 undergraduate and 15 masters scholarships are available of which 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals.
For undergraduate scholarships, 60% will be awarded to female applicants and 50% at masters.
Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya – Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for Young Africans – Eligibility Criteria
1. Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
2. Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
3. Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
4. Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for masters studies at the time of application.
5. Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelors degree application not more than two years from the time of this call.
6. The applicant should meet admission criteria to Eligible programmes in the university of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
7. For admission into Gulu University in the undergraduate degree programmes, one must have attained the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)-High School Certificate (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes.
Meanwhile for admission into Egerton University for undergraduate programmes one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent with at least C+ pass mark.
All admissions into masters degree programmes require a relevant undergraduate degree programme.
8. Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
9. Demonstrate leadership qualities
10. Have commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains
11. Have a strong commitment to community transformation
Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for Young Africans – Eligible Programmes of Study
The following academic programmes are eligible for application during the academic year 2018.
Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya
Bachelors programs :
1. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension
3. Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
4. Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
5. Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
1. Master of Science in Agronomy
Gulu University Scholarships in Uganda
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
3. Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
4. Bachelor of Science Education (Agriculture)
1. Masters of Science in agri-enterprises development
2. Masters of Science in Food security and community nutrition
Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya – Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for Young Africans – Application Procedure
Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice.
Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice.
Application forms can also be downloaded from the following websites: RUFORUM (www.ruforum.org; http://www.ruforum.org/MCF/); Gulu University (http://www.gu.ac.ug) and Egerton University (http://www.egerton.ac.ke).
Applicants are encouraged to carefully study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and documents prior to submitting the application.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application Submission – Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya
Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to program coordinators in the university of choice.
Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 1 MB two file attachment (university admission and scholarship application).
Prof. Nancy W. Mungai
TAGDev Program Coordinator
Board of Undergraduate Studies
P.O Box 536-20115, Egerton
Tel: +254 711 68 9880 or +254 720 390 893
Academic Registrar, Gulu University
Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu Municipality
P.O.Box 166 Gulu, Uganda
For additional information about the scholarship at Gulu University Please contact:
Assoc. Prof. Duncan Ongeng
TAGDev Program Coordinator
Faculty of Agriculture and Environment
Gulu University, Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu
Tel: +256 782673491
The deadline to apply for the 2018 MasterCardfdn@RUFORUMScholarships is Tuesday 28th February 2018 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
For more information and scholarships application details: RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for Young Africans – Egerton University Scholarships in Kenya