Chemelil Sugar Company Limited Job Vacancy
CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED
Our Company is a sugar miller with a heritage spanning over forty years, situated in Western Kenya along Awasi-Nandi Hills road (About 55km from Kisumu) and has a mixed boarding secondary semi-autonomous Academy with a student population of 400.
The performance of the Academy has been outstanding over the years with a mean score of
7.8 in KCSE 2018 Exams.
We seek for suitable qualified and experienced Kenyan citizens who are dynamic, self motivated and results oriented candidates for the following position in our Academy.
JOB TITLE: Matron (1 post)
Reports to: Boarding Master
1) Job Purpose
To administer students welfare needs. Create a safe, conducive and hospitable environment at all times for students at Academy.
2) Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Guide and Counsel the students’ in collaboration with the
- Oversee good house-keeping practices by ensuring the students’ hostels are clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all
- Handle students’ grievances and minor problems and refer cases with special requirements to the Head of Boarding and House
- Conduct daily inspections of dormitories and surrounding
- Receive and issue
- Issue detergents and toiletries and make requisitions for supplies of the
- Handle minor medical
- Order, store and dispense
- Liaise with parents on students’ medical
b). Financial Responsibility:
c) Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes decisions based on standard operating
3) Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- O Level
- Must be a Kenya Registered Nurse-Diploma.
- Must have Diploma in guidance and
b) Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work
c) Functional Skills: Behavioural Skills/ Attributes:
- Be proficient in
- Be a good
- People management
- Good Leadership
- Must possess good Interpersonal
Viii. Professionalism and integrity. Ix. Cross- cultural skills.
4) Mandatory Requirements:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Boards (HELB).
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A Clearance Certificate by the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications with detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, copy of national identity card, names of at least three (3) referees and day time telephone contact should be sent to the address below.
The envelope should be clearly marked Ref. CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY LTD/ACADEMY/2019. Applications should be received not later than 27th December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Chemelil Sugar Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED
P.O. BOX 177 – 40107 MUHORONI