Business Development Manager Job at Commercial Bank of Africa
At CBA, your success is our success. That’s why everything we do is focused around helping you achieve your financial goals. Our aim is to provide you with exceptional financial services that enable you to save, invest and grow your wealth. By offering services that are simple and effective we strive to give you time for more, for things that matter most to you. Have a look around this site to find out how you can benefit from our unique range of banking products and services.
Business Development Manager – Retail Sales
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
To market and sell the Bank assurance products to the bank customers with specific focus on CBA@work channel. The job function involves designing, implementing and coordinating the CBA@work Bank assurance sales strategy, crafting marketing initiatives aimed at sustaining portfolio
growth and achieving sales and income targets.
- The job includes supporting completion and processing of applications;
- providing scheme terms to the Corporates;
- administration of service delivery by the service providers;
- and providing customer services to optimize customer satisfaction.
The incumbent will also provide product and process training to relevant customer-contact staff in the branch and CBA@work distribution channel.
- Achievement of Corporate and Personal insurance products sales targets (50%)
- Quality of customer portfolio maintenance and renewal/cancellation services (20%)
- Adequacy of personal competence to effectively perform relationship management tasks for Bancassurance(15%)
- Management of customer expectations (15%)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills. Team player and able to work with minimum supervision
- Selling and negotiation skills to prospect and close business to grow customer numbers and customer product uptake
- Intimate knowledge of bank assurance products
- Planning & organizing skills for effective time utilization in achieving the objectives of the position.
- An understanding and application of commercial and financial principles.
- Ability to view issues in terms of costs, profits, risks, markets and added value.
- An understanding of the insurance legal environment and compliance issues related to insurance
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Training techniques to structure and conduct training to the channel personnel
- Technical and relationship management skills to effectively perform the mix of activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high-quality standards or benchmarks.
- Shows awareness of goals and quality standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Good presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree -Upper 2nd Class or equivalent.
- At least 3 years working experience with insurance providers. Sales experience in insurance is an added advantage
- COP in Insurance would be an added advantage. The successful candidate will be required to sit and pass the exams within 6 months of joining.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Packages
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA) career website on e-recruitment.cbagroup.com to apply