KMTC Beyond Zero Nursing Scholarships
KMTC Beyond Zero Nursing ScholarshipsThe Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) in collaboration with Beyond Zero is offering training opportunities for a Certificate course in Community Health Nursing commencing March 2020 in the 2019/2020 Academic Year.
Priority will be given to qualified candidates from selected Arid and Semi-Arid (ASAL) counties, under-served Minorities and other Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups (VMGs) willing to serve in their communities upon graduation.
The VMGs are defined by the Ministry of Health Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups Framework (VMGF) that can be downloaded from the Ministry of Health Website .
Applicants are expected to attach a handwritten essay of not more than two hundred (200) words explaining why they feel that they deserve the scholarship and the contribution they will make to the community upon graduation.
Applications should be sent so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer, KMTC on or before 31st January 2020.
Successful applicants will receive full scholarship for the duration of the course. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mandatory Entry Requirements for Certificate in Community Health Nursing Course
- CourseI. Certificate in Community Health NursingSpecific Minimum Entry Require-Ments
- K.CS.E Mean Grade
- C- or equivalent qualifications
- C- in English or Kiswahili
- C- in Biology
- D+ in any one of the following:
- Mathematics, Physics or ChemistryDuration
- Lodvvar, Kapenguria, Loitoktok and MsambweniApplication guidelines
- Creating an accountRequirements for creating a new account
- Use valid personal email address. If you don’t have an email address, you can easily create one before you continue with the application process.1. Visit the KMTC website at www.kmtc.ac.ke2. On the menu, click on the ADMISSION PORTAL menu item
3. You will land on the online registration portal
4. If you have registered an account, log in using your email and password
5. If you don’t have an account, click on the (Have no account? Register) below the log in form
6. This will land you to creating account form
7. Enter your email and password
8. Click on Create Account Button
9. Fill in the online application form step by step until it is duly filled
10. On the left panel, click on Application and then click on ‘Apply Preservice’
11. Enter the subject grades as reflected in your result slip (Ensure you enter subject grades accurate ly). For subjects not done choose the option ‘I didn’t do’
12. When you are through with entering the grades per subject, dick on SUBMIT
13. Next upload your certificates – KCSE, Leaving certificate and ID (both sides) or birth certificate
14. Next the uploaded documents will be displayed, dick on submit in order to submit each docu ment.
15. Under the select level, choose the Beyond Zero Scholarship option, under Academic calen-dar choose 2019/2020 and under intake choose March Intake .
16. You will be presented with the Beyond Zero Application form, fill in the parents informa-tion and the education background and tribe then click on save info
17. You will be provided with the duly filled form to confirm the accuracy of the information filled in.
18 Check information accuracy and if the information entered is correct, click on “print form”
19. Print out the duly completed form, attach relevant documents, have it signed and stamped accordingly and sent to the Chief Executive Officer, Kenya Medical Training College, P.O. Box 30195 – 00100 Nairobi
Prof. Michael KiptooCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERPO BOX 30195-00100
KMTC-TRAINING FOR BETTER HEALTH