AMHF Clinical Officer Job Vacancy
- Africa Mental Health Foundation (AMHF) is a non-governmental organization whose main mandate is to conduct mental health and substance use research to inform policy, practice, and the provision of innovative, appropriate, affordable, available and accessible mental health and substance use services to all.
Position Summary: Africa Mental Health Foundation is looking for a clinical officer to be engaged on FULL-TIME basis in one of its clinics on an annual renewable contract depending on performance and availability of funding.
Number of Posts: 1
- Prescribing, administering and monitoring medication.
- Caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress.
- Assessing and providing appropriate therapeutic interventions and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care.
- Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-on-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
- Providing evidence-based individual therapy based on specified techniques.
- Encouraging patients to take part in different psychosocial therapies prescribed to them.
- Preparing and maintaining patient records and in collaboration with other health workers at the clinic.
- Working with patients’ families and carers to educate them and the patient about the patient’s health condition.
- Providing emotional support to patients and their relatives.
- Supervising patient data entry and preparing timely monthly and quarterly reports to the donors.
- Overseeing community outreach activities and home visits.
- Supervising mental health staff
- A minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or its equivalent;
- At least three years direct clinical experience specifically with marginalized populations;
- Experience in trauma and mental health related work and working with vulnerable populations is an added advantage.
Additional Skills and Competencies
- A caring and compassionate nature
- A non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to relate to and empathize with others
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Good communication skills
- Good observational skills
- High levels of personal initiative
- Highly persuasive
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Resilience in dealing with difficult situations
- Computer use skills
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send applications including a detailed CV as an attachment to email@example.com
Applications should be received by close of business 25th September, 2015.
Kindly do not attach your testimonials/certificates.
Please bring both original and photocopies of your testimonials when invited to the interview.
For any additional clarification before the deadline, call: +254750775142.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.